This Policy also explains what personal information we collect, why we require the information, how we may use your information and under what circumstances we may disclose your information and how we keep your information safe.
Collection of information
Oasis Church collects and retains information when necessary for the purpose of its ministry and related activities. There is no pressure for anyone to provide personal information unless they wish to.
The church may collect information such as your;
- name and date of birth
- postal address, email address and telephone number(s),
- volunteer roles with Oasis Church
- family circumstances
- health information
- attendance details
- financial information, credit/ debit card details when you donate to the church or attend functions
- work details (in some instances),
- video or photographic footage.( You may opt out by signing an opt out form )
Personal information may be collected about your interactions with us for example;
- when you make a purchase from us,
- when you attend our events
- and when you phone us.
We may also store information you provide us in relation to you or your children’s safety.
Information is also stored from the:
- Australian Federal Police re Police Checks required for you to volunteer or work in particular areas,
- Department of Child Protection and Family Services regarding Working with Children Checks that are required for you to work /volunteers in certain areas.
We may also collect personal information from you about someone else, however you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us.
- the fact that their personal information is being collected,
- the purposes for which that information is being collected,
- the intended recipients of that information,
- the individual’s right to obtain access to that information,
- our identity and how to contact us.
- When requested by us, you must also assist us with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information you have collected from them.
How we collect information
Oasis Church collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable
or impracticable to do so. When we collect personal information from you, we may collect it
in the following ways:
- When you fill out a Connect Card
- When you check your children into children’s ministry
- When you complete paper and electronic forms such as; the Oasis Partnership Agreement and the Dream Team Application Form,
- When you fill out a form stating you do not want to be videoed or photographed
- When you complete the Giving Envelopes during our services
- When you give through various methods
- During meetings and discussions with our staff members
- When you hire the venue
The purpose of collecting information
The purpose of collection, holding, use and disclosure of the personal information is to fulfil the ministry and administrative functions of Oasis Church. This may include the following:
- To communicate information to you about our weekend services, events, guest speakers and other updates regarding Oasis Church.
- To answer enquiries, to provide information about existing and new services, events and programs.
- To enable you to assist with volunteering, community outreach and other church activities.
- To receive relevant receipts from donations, event registrations and other payments
- To provide you with access to Oasis Churches’ Planning Centre.
- For administrative, planning and guest service improvements of Oasis Church contractors or service providers.
- To provide you with the opportunity to inform us about your opinions in relationship to our services.
Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Storage of information
Oasis Church takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our processes include:
- Hard copy notes or forms are stored in a secure location.
- Electronic data is password protected and complies with applicable security standards.
- Only authorised personnel are permitted to access your data.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the providers we use have privacy policies in place that comply with Australian Privacy Regulations and Principles
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet may be insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Disclosure of information
At times we may make some personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide services or assist us in our mission, but only where we have your consent to do so. We also make some personal and sensitive information available to some key Oasis Church volunteers and leaders, where they have agreed to a confidentiality statement, in order for them to provide pastoral services or manage certain aspects of our ministries. This does not reduce our commitment to your privacy. We work with our partners, leaders and volunteers to ensure that your privacy is respected and secured.
Any disclosure of your personal information to recipients other than our strategic partners, volunteers or leaders would only occur if we have your permission, or
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law or court order; and
- doing so does not breach the Australian Privacy Principals; and
- the recipient of the information is subject to a law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information that is substantially similar to the way in which the Australian Privacy Principals protects the information.
Unsolicited collection of personal or sensitive information
At times we may discover personal or sensitive information about you from a third party. If it is not personal information that is contained in a Commonwealth record, and if it is not necessary for conducting Oasis Church activities, or we are unable to advise you, we will take steps to destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so
Access and correction
Oasis Church will provide individuals with access to their personal information as required by law and take reasonable steps to correct information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To request access to personal information please contact the Church’s Privacy Officer. If you wish to have your personal information corrected/altered/deleted, please let us know and we will do so as far as practicable.
Changes to this Policy